Ever look at your ‘Plan to Watch’ list, and think ‘how in the HELL, am I ever going to get through all of that?’. As I log into MyAnimeList to add yet another entry onto mine, I notice I’m nearing 300. 300 ENTRIES, that I want to watch. Help me.
Whilst I originally planned to do MAL’s own anime watching challenge to help me cut it down, their categories left a lot to be desired, and would lead me in some cases to build it up even more (an anime from 1917 – really?!). So, I’ll set my own challenge. This year, I am challenging myself to watch 50 (+) shows from my PTW! The + indicates that I will inevitably be watching sequels (hello Attack on Titan and Bungou Stray Dogs), so they will send me over my threshold. I will also not be counting seasonal shows towards my final count. Oh yeah, I mean business.
I used spin.moe to randomly select a show from my list. The only time I respun (is that a word? Respan? Spinned again?) was if multiple 50+ episode shows were coming up, or if a sequel appeared. I also included the 2 shows I am currently watching.
So, without further ado…here’s my schedule for the rest of the year! Help me. (Seriously help me if I end up with 48 Slice of Life shows!)
Bold indicates I’m particularly looking forward to watching the show. Italics indicates apprehension. If both – I’m sensing either big disappointment or a big surprise.
- Full Metal Alchemist (2003)
- Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai (The World Only God Knows)
- Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae Wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai (AnoHana)
- Tsurezure Children
- Saiki Kusuo no -Ψ nan (The Disastrous Life of Saiki K)
- Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (Yamada Kun and the 7 Witches)
- Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? (And you thought there were no girls online?)
- Shigurui: Death Frenzy
- Date A Live
- Natsume Yuujinchou (Natsume’s Book of Friends)
- Quanzhi Gaoshou (The King’s Avatar)
- Yosuga no Sora: In Solitude, Where we Are Least Alone
- Hentai Ouji to Warawana Neko (The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat)
- Hand Shakers (I am devastated).
- Youjo Senki (The Saga of Tanya the Evil)
- Konbini Kareshi (Convenience Store Boyfriends)
- Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho (Grimoire of Zero)
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)
- 3-Gatsu no Lion (March Comes in Like a Lion)
- Hoozuki no Reitetsu (Hozuki’s Coolheadedness)
- 91 Days
- Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge (Tanaka-kun is always listless)
- Hamatora: The Animation
- Mawaru Penguindrum
- Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou (Everyday Life with Monster Girls)
- Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu
- Kekkai Sensen (Blood Blockage Battlefront)
- Kotoura-San (The Troubled Life of Miss Kotoura)
- Seikon no Qwaser (The Qwaser of Stigmata)
- Mahoutsukai no Yome (The Ancient Magus’ Bride)
- Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita (I Couldn’t be a Hero so I reluctantly Decided to Get a Job)
- Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken (I Can’t Understand What My Husband is Saying!)
- Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou (Daily Life of High School Boys)
- Rail Wars!
- Ore Monogatari!!! (My Love Story!!!)
- Arakawa Under the Bridge
- Nanatsu no Taizai (The Seven Deadly Sins)
- Level E
- Mitsudomoe (Three Way Struggle)
Phew! Luckily, there is plenty of choice, and a lot of things that I’ve been putting off for much longer than I should – so I’m pleased with how this turned out. Of course, it’s only fair, since I’m going to have to watch Hand Shakers…
Now the real challenge, where do I start?!
Let me know what you recommend in the comments, it’s gonna be a long journey.
Until next time!